Home       About       Books       Blog       Recipes       Media       Contact

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fabulous Weekend

Just wanted to share with everyone what a great time I had this past weekend. For the first time, I attended the Lori Foster Readers and Authors Get Together near Cincinnati, Ohio. Approximately 500 people attended, both authors and readers, with the majority of people being readers.

As a newbie author, I was a bit nervous. Would anyone have heard of me? Would anyone care about my book?

My worries were unfounded. The people - both authors and readers - that I encountered were nothing but miraculous. I was accepted. I was appreciated. I was treated so wonderfully that I didn't want to leave. I signed autographs on paper, T-shirts, and tote bags. I was encompassed into arms of readers who appreciated me and my writing. I spent the weekend being waved at. I met people who I'd like to keep in my life forever.  Money was raised for charities.

All in all, this event marked a high point in my life, both as a person and as an author. I thank all the people involved who made this event so special, and I will definitely be attending next year with enthusiasm, hope, and a bit of nervousness!

xoxo - Jenna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.