Home       About       Books       Blog       Recipes       Media       Contact

Friday, September 20, 2013

Fork it up Fridays

Hi! Welcome to Fork it Up Fridays! Each Friday, I share a delicious recipe that I've tried and enjoyed. Some may be a family favorite while others may be something my sister or daughter passed on to me. Hope you enjoy!

Today I've got a simple cold macaroni salad that will take you minutes to make, but give you lots of time to enjoy. Great for a side dish for sloppy Joes or hamburgers, and is always a hit at barbecues or family reunions. I've had this recipe so long it's falling apart; I have no idea where it came from. This should be made at least a few hours ahead of time. Hope you try it!

24 Hour Mac Salad

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 pint of mayonnaise
1 pound of twist macaroni

Cook macaroni per directions on box. Combine vinegar, sugar and water. Stir until dissolved. Mix all ingredients together. Will be soupy at first. Place in refrigerator and stir occasionally. (The liquid will absorb into the cooked macaroni after a few hours).

No comments: