Home       About       Books       Blog       Recipes       Media       Contact

Friday, September 27, 2013

Hi! Welcome to Fork it Up Fridays! Each Friday, I share a delicious recipe that I've tried and enjoyed. Some may be a family favorite while others may be something my sister or daughter passed on to me. Hope you enjoy!

I don't seem to cook much pork and I'm not sure why. The recipes I choose always seem to result in the pork coming out tough and tasteless. If anybody has some tips or recipes to share, bring 'em on! The following recipe was given to me years ago by one of my fabulous sisters-in-law (I've been blessed with 6 of them!), and is one of the few recipes that turns out tender, delicious chops. Give them a try and let me know if you like them!

Pork Chops Supreme

4 bone-in pork chops
Salt
Lemon juice
Sliced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbs. brown sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the chops in baking dish and salt. Sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Top each chop with a thin slice of onion.

Mix together the ketchup and brown sugar. Spread mixture over the top of each chop.

Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.

No comments: