Home       About       Books       Blog       Recipes       Media       Contact

Friday, May 24, 2013

Fork It Up Fridays

Hi! Welcome to Fork it Up Fridays! Each Friday, I share a delicious recipe that I've tried and enjoyed. Some may be a family favorite while others may be something my sister or daughter passed on to me. Hope you enjoy!

Today I'm sharing a recipe given to me by my daughter. She and her husband love spicy foods so if you're a fan, you may like this.


SPICY CHIPOTLE COLE SLAW

2 tsp. chipotles, finely chopped
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
4 cups grated cabbage, shredded thin
4 cups red cabbage, shredded thin
1 cup red onion, sliced very thin
1 cup green onion, finely chopped
1/2 to 1 cup carrot, shredded
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine everything but cilantro. Drizzle dressing over top, sprinkle cilantro over whole thing and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Chill till serving.


No comments: